Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rambo and Roo: Wether vs. Ram

Rambo is the breeding ram for the Dor Galen flock. He was born here last July. Since March, he has been in with the other Dor Galen ewes and we hope for spring lambs, sired by him. He has been a pretty gentle fellow so far.
In June, he accidentally got in with our other flock, and I had to get him away from the ewes before my husband  came home to help. I managed to get everyone away from  him except Roo, our two year old Texel/ Blackie wether. Rambo looked at Roo and Roo returned the look.
 Oh, boy!, I thought. Here we go!  Roo and Rambo squared off and Roo hit Rambo a good one, smack!
Rambo was stunned. His head rolled around and around with his eyeballs going in circles. He started to go down to the ground as if he was passing out. I thought for a brief instant that maybe one of our wethers had killed our ram. Rambo did not go completely down and he managed to regain his composure. He gave Roo a very respectable distance then I breathed a sigh of relief and laughed my butt off!

No comments:

Post a Comment